I am not a bartender, nor am I an alcoholic, but I do consider myself a bit of a cocktail expert and probably have enough supplies to open my own little, cocktail nook. Below are some golden oldies, some twists on the traditionals and some completely new concoctions.
Just remember cocktails are high in calories so although I have posted the unedited recipes it is a good idea to cut back on the sugar content as much as possible.
Note: None of these recipes are my own original creations. Alcohol is too precious and expensive for me to be trialling and erroring with. I leave that up to the experts.
- Rum Cocktails
- Wine Cocktails
More to come…
Frozen Pineapple Margarita
- 4 cups pineapples chunks, frozen
- ½ cup fresh lime juice (2-3 limes)
- ½ cup tequila
- ¼ cup triple sec
- 3-4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup ice
- Extra lime and coarse kosher salt for garnish
- Put first 6 ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Cut the lime into thin rounds for garnish. To rim the glasses with salt, run a slice of lime around edges of the glass and then dip the edges in kosher salt. Fill the glass with frozen margarita and enjoy!
Pink Lemonade Margarita
- 1 (12 ounce) can of frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3 (12 ounce) cans of cold water – (just use the empty pink lemonade can)
- 1 (12 ounce) can of tequila
- 1/2 (12 ounce) can of Grand Marnie
- Ice cubes – or crushed ice
- Salt to rim the glasses
- 1 lime, wedged
- Pour the (thawed) frozen lemonade concentrate into a pitcher, and fill the can with cold water. Pour into the pitcher and repeat twice for a total of 3 cans of water.
- Fill the can with tequila, and pour that into the pitcher. Fill about half of the can with Grand Marnier, and pour it into the pitcher.
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. Or blend mixture with ice to make a frozen version. Serve over ice in salt-rimmed glasses with a lime wedge!
Strawberry Margarita Punch
- 16 ounces strawberries, chopped. (or 16 ounces frozen strawberries for easier mixing)
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate
- 4 cups water
- 1-2 tablespoons agave nectar (depending on how sweet you want the punch)
- 1½ cups good-quality tequila (I love Sauza!)
- 2 cups orange juice
- 4 cups strawberry or diet strawberry soda
- ¼ cup sugar
- Limes and strawberries, for garnish
- Salt to rim glasses (optional)
- Put chopped strawberries along with sugar and 1 cup water into a food processor and pulse until smooth
- Pour strawberry mixture into a large pitcher Add limeade, orange juice, soda, agave nectar, tequila, and the remaining 3 cups of water. Stir, stir, stir!
- Serve over ice, garnish with strawberries and limes. Salt the rim of your glasses for an added margarita flair. Enjoy!
Triple-Layer Piña Coladas
- 3 oz. rum
- 1 1/2 c. pineapple
- 3 tsp. agave nectar
- 3 tbsp. Coconut Cream
- 3 oz. lime juice
- 1 c. ice
- 3 strawberries, chopped
- 1 peach, chopped
- Strawberries and coconut flakes (for garnish)
- Fill blender with 1/3 of the rum, pineapple, agave nectar, coconut cream, lime juice, and ice. Set aside. Repeat two more times, first adding strawberry, and then peach.
- Blend mixture and pour into serving glass in layers starting with base mix, then strawberry mix, and lastly peach. Make sure to chill each layer before adding the next.
Pinot Grigio, peach schnapps, basil, peaches, nectars, and ice cubes.
Frozen Berry Sangria Slush
Red wine, crushed ice cubes, frozen blueberries, frozen strawberries, fresh raspberries, orange-flavored liqueur, and white sugar.
Fruit Cornucopia Sangria
Dry red wine, rum, orange liqueur, naval oranges, lemons, limes, pears, kiwis, strawberries, canned pineapple chucks, white sugar, orange juice, pink lemonade concentrate, lemon juice, lime juice, and lemon-lime soda.
Hawaiian Punch Sangria
Rose wine, burgundy wine, Hawaiian punch, pineapple juice, lemons, limes and oranges.
Peach Schnapps, cognac, white wine, mango, white sugar, oranges, and ginger ale.
Peach & Honey Sangria Slushies
- 1 cup cold white wine (such as Riesling or your favorite variety)
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier)
- 2 tablespoons peach liqueur (such as Hiram Walker Peach Schnapps)
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups frozen peaches
- Garnish (optional): Lime slices and/or orange slices, straws
- Place the wine, orange liqueur, peach liqueur, orange juice, lime juice, and honey in blender. Add frozen peaches.
- Process until smooth. Pour into glasses.
- Garnish as desired.
Red wine, lemon-lime soda, oranges, limes, fresh cubed pineapples and pitted halved cherries.
Red Sangria with Natural Truvia Sweetener
Red wine, water, Truvia sweetener, cloves, peppercorns, berries, spiced simple syrup, sparkling water, orange juice, oranges, lemons, and ice cubes.
Sangria Tequila Chiller
Tequila, white Zinfandel, thawed, frozen mixed berries, pineapple juice, lemon concentrate, and ginger ale.
Dry red wine, rum, orange juice, white sugar, oranges, limes and lemons.
Spiced Cranberry Sangria
White wine, apple brandy, white sugar, cranberry-flavoured tea bags, lemon, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, water, apples, and dried cranberries.
Red wine, rum, lemon-lime soda, lemons, oranges, limes, strawberries, apples and cloves.
White wine, vodka, triple sec, cubed watermelon, simple syrup, limes, oranges, and fresh blueberries.
White Peach Sangria
Moscato wine, lemon lime soda, brandy, peach schnapps, peaches, strawberries, mangoes, fresh pineapple, and fresh raspberries.
White Sangria with Kiwi
Chardonnay wine, club soda, orange-flavored liqueur, white sugar, green grapes, kiwis, pear, ice cubes, and mint leaves.
White Sangria with Lemonade
Chardonnay wine, pineapple chunks, lemonade concentrate, light rum, triple sec, grapes, apples, oranges, limes, and lemon-line flavored soda.
White Strawberry-Lemon Sangria
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cored and sliced (any kind)
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced lengthwise
- 1 (750 ml) bottle white wine (a dry-ish white wine is best – I like Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay)
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 4 cups lemon-lime soda
- Add lemon slices to a large pitcher, then the apples, then the strawberries.
- Pour the wine and rum over the top.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and add the lemon lime soda. Add a few pieces of the fruit to your glass and pour sangria over to serve.
- 2 cups orange juice (not from concentrate)
- 1 cup pineapple juice, chilled
- 2 tablespoons grenadine
- 1 (750ml) bottle Champagne or sparkling wine, chilled*
- *2 (12-oz.) cans ginger ale or lemon-lime soda may be substituted.
- Stir together first 3 ingredients.
- Pour equal parts orange juice mixture and Champagne into Champagne flutes.
Fig and Clementine Port Wine PoptailS
- 2 cups of port wine (or any dry fruity variety will work)
- 2 lbs clementine tangerines
- 1 1/2 lb figs
- ¼ cup honey
Serves: Eight 2 & 1/4 oz. popsicles
- Place wine, clementine tangerines, figs and honey in a food processor or blender and process or blend until pureed, about 1-2 minutes. Pour mixture through a medium strainer.
- Pour strained mixture into popsicle forms and freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Insert popsicle sticks and finish freezing popsicles overnight. To release popsicles run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.
German Strawberry Wine Punch (Erdbeerbowle)
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 2 to 4 tablespoons granulated sugar*
- ½ to ¾ bottle (750ml) red or rosé wine
- ½ to ¾ bottle (750ml) white wine, chilled
- ½ bottle (750ml) brut sparkling wine, chilled
- Place strawberries in a large bowl or punch bowl. Sprinkle sugar on strawberries and stir to coat. Let sit for 3 hours for the sugar to soften (or macerate) the strawberries.
- Pour red wine over the strawberries. Let sit for 1 hour.
- Add white wine and stir. Chill if not serving immediately.
- Add sparkling wine and serve.
Mojito Wine Spritzer
- 8-10 mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 8 oz sauvignon blanc
- 8 oz club soda
- In a large glass, muddle mint leaves, agave nectar and lime juice. Divide the mint mixture between two glasses.
- Add a handful of ice to each glass.
- Fill each glass with 4oz of sauvignon blanc and club soda.
- Garnish with slice of lime and enjoy!
Peach Moscato Wine Slushies
- 1 bottle Moscato Wine (750ml) plus more for blending *see note
- 2 cups frozen peaches (unsweetened)
- ½ cup powdered sugar (can cut back but it needs to be pretty sweet)
- Add frozen peaches, sugar and a few splashes of moscato to food processor or blender.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour in the rest of the moscato and blend until incorporated.
- Quickly pour mixture into ice cube trays. (stir if peaches begin to settle on the bottom of blender jar)
- Place frozen cubes in a blender. ( I never measure them out. I just toss a handful in and add more if I need it)
- Add a splash of wine to make blending easier.
- Blend until slush consistency, adding a splash of wine to thin it out if needed.
- Pour into wine glasses, add a straw (if desired) and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh fruit like strawberries and peach slices
Pomegranate Lime White Wine Spritzer
- 1/2 cup seltzer water
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 1 lime wedge
Add ice to a glass. Add wine, top with seltzer. Add pomegranate seeds and lime wedge. Enjoy!
RASPBERRY LIMONCELLO PROSECCO
- 3 cups prosecco, chilled
- 1 cup limoncello liqueur, chilled
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 6 sprigs fresh mint
- In a large pitcher, whisk together prosecco and limoncello.
- Serve over raspberries, garnished with mint, if desired.
Rosé Sangria with Cranberries and Apples
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 4 allspice berries
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 star anise pod
- 2 cups cranberries
- 2 Granny Smith apples, diced
- One 750-milliliter bottle Spanish rosé
- 1/3 cup ruby port
- 1/3 cup Cointreau
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice
- Ice cubes, for serving
- In a saucepan, mix the water, sugar, crushed red pepper, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and star anise. Simmer the syrup over moderately low heat for 15 minutes. Strain into a bowl and add the cranberries and apples. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Strain the fruit, reserving the spiced syrup. In a large pitcher, mix the rosé with the port, Cointreau, cranberry juice, fruit and 3/4 cup of the spiced syrup. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Serve over ice.
The sangria can be refrigerated for up to 6 hours.
The Hummingbird Cocktail
- 2 ounces brut Champagne or dry sparkling wine
- 1 1/2 ounces St-Germain
- 2 ounces club soda
- Lemon twist, for garnish
- Stir sparkling wine, St-Germain, and club soda together in a tall ice-filled Collins glass, mixing completely. Garnish with a lemon twist.
The New York Sour
- 2 ounces rye or bourbon whiskey
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce fruity red wine (such as Shiraz or Malbec)
- Combine 2 ounces rye or bourbon whiskey, 1 ounce fresh lemon juice, and 1 ounce simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill with ice, cover, and shake until outside of shaker is frosty, about 30 seconds.
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice.
- Gently pour 1/2 ounce fruity red wine (such as Shiraz or Malbec) over the back of a spoon held just above the drink’s surface so wine floats on top.
White Wine-Berry Sangria
- 1 bottle dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup raspberry vodka
- 1/4 cup brandy
- Chopped strawberries
- In a pitcher, combine wine, soda, vodka and brandy.
- Put a few raspberries and a small handful of chopped strawberries into the bottom of each glass and muddle. Fill glass with ice, then top with sangria and a few blueberries. Stir.
White Wine Margarita
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay
- 6oz Frozen Limeade Concentrate
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 3 cups ice
- limes wedges
- orange slices
- Blend wine, limeade and orange juice until well combined
- Slowly add in ice and blend to a slushy consistency
- Rub margarita glass with lime and dust with salt
- Fill each glass and garnish with orange and lime slices
- 1 pound, frozen mixed berries
- 1 3/4 cups sweet, white wine – I used Cupcake Moscato d’Asti
- Pour berries and 1 cup of wine into a blender container.
- Start with the lowest setting, and blend.
- Add additional wine as needed while slowly moving up to the highest setting.
- Pour into wine glasses and serve.
Image is not mine. I located it from here: http://www.ohsoamelia.com/2014/07/top-5-non-alcoholic-cocktails.html